Saturday, September 24, 2011

Awkward Library Scenes

If I have realized one thing about the library through my two years of college, it is this. Boys love to make you feel awkward and\or ask you out. A few situations happend at Eastern Arizona College but today I am going to summarize the newest Brigham Young Library incident...

It is Friday at approximately four o'clock and I am about ten minutes away from leaving. Its been an extremely long day and I wished to cool down a little before the BYU home football game [by the way, we won :)]. So, back to the story... A guy, probably about 22 or 23, interrupts my lovely music background and asks me how long I will be at the library. I respond saying about ten to fifteen minutes. He is very concerned by my answer, almost pleading with his eyes to say a larger number. I then ask, due to the awkward silence of his worrying what he will do next, how long he needs me to be here??? He says twenty minutes max. I, feeling nice, say I can do that. He is afterall, very attractive and maybe I could get some kind of date out of this for my kind service. He runs away excitedly, leaving his stuff for me to keep a close eye on, and asks my name just before he leaves. He likes to pronounce it "yennifa". I then get to sit there, really having nothing to do, for the next fourty-five minutes. At that point, I begin a note apologizing for the fact that I had to leave. I debate for about another five minutes whether I should be super flirty or something and put my phone number or something. Just as this internal battle ends, he arrives, panting. He apologizes for the next couple minutes and then offers to walk me out of the library. On our way out, we have the following conversation..

Him: "So who are you going to the game with tonight?"
Me: "I'm just gonna meet up with some of my friends."
Him: "Wait, no guy to sit with? Geeze, I would think you get asked out so much."
Me: attempting to laugh, "umm no actually"
Him: contemplates this for a few seconds and then decides, "Well, then let me ask you out."
Me: "... Okay.. Ask me out then"
Him: awkward moment... [we have now walked out of the library] "I guess I should get a number or something" goes to his pockets and then seems to remember something that should have been obvious in the first place... "I don't have a phone, wanna write it down for me?"
Me: "Sure, why don't you have a phone?"
Him: "I will never have a phone, then people could actually find me. Its annoying"
Me: "I see..." no i really don't
[I write the number down]
Me: "So you never told me your name?"
Him: "Oh that is not important. Your name is Yennifa. THAT is important."
Me: pity laugh... "But really.. Whats your name?"
Him: "Its not as important as your name but its Andrea"

And that is pretty much the gist of it. Weird and Extremely Awkward? Ummm.. YES.

2 comments: