Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Today's Post is about FOOD


Today I seem to be thinking a lot about food. So i decided what would be better to blog about than FOOD itself.. :)

Here is my agenda of foods to talk about so you don't get lost or anything:
1.) Biscuits
2.) Homemade Jam
3.) Peanut Butter
4.) 440z of Dr. Pepper
5.) Soup
6.) Chicken Pesto Pasta
7.) Chicken Alfredo

1.) First off, I would just like to take a moment and say how much I LOVE these biscuits. Peeling the layers apart is so fun to me.. Yes weird.. But don't judge me til you try it! It's like having 5 biscuits when you only made one!
HEAVEN :)

2.) The next topic of discussion is Jam. Is there a better way than jam to transition from biscuits to?? I think not :) My mother let me bring home homemade apricot jam. It can also be referred to as Heaven. It is delicious with the above brand of biscuits. BUT confession.. It is also VERY delicious to eat by the spoonful. Yes, I do realize this may result in gaining weight. But since I've only lost weight since coming to college (against the common belief of the Freshman 15), I think I will be JUST fine!!!

3.) Another great transition: What else can you eat directly from a spoon that is purely delightful??? PEANUT BUTTER!!! duh! I recommend it for anyone who may be feeling down. It is quite the healer of bad attitudes! I promise!

4.) Hmm now what can I transition to now??? WELL... Another great healer for the common bad attitude... A 44oz Dr. Pepper at the SuperStop. To have the most successful experience... You must have amazing roommates to come with you. I'd say it will work best if their names are Natalie, Cara and Tori... Just saying.

5.)This is where I fail at another great transition so I hope you will forgive me. Anyways... So on Wednesday of this week, I was looking in my fridge and very concerned about what I would eat for dinner as I was starving. I noticed that I had a squash and a zucchini that were about to go bad if I didn't use them soon. So I began a search on the internet to find the perfect meal. And guess what.... I FOUND IT :) I put the links here for you and you can check it out, it is delicious. There is two because they both did it different ways. I kinda did a mix of both of them. Yes, it does have a bit of a downfall but that is okay if you can ignore it. The downfall is as follows.... It turns out to be an odd green color that may resemble baby food or even baby poop. Take your pick... BUT it is superb!!! Here is a picture of it. I'm guessing this is what it is SUPPOSED to look like. So maybe if you make it right, it will be the correct color! But I still stand by what I said.... It was divine :)


6.) The next topic of discussion is the Chicken Pesto Pasta dish that I made on Thursday. AMAZING, yet very simple. It was so yummy but very easy to make. I was choosing between two recipes but I went with the one that I already had all the ingredients for. I am hoping to try the other, a bit more complicated, recipe. (That is, once I go buy heavy whipping cream :)) Option 1 is the easy and Option 2 is the one involving a grocery store run.



7.) The final topic I wish to inform you of has not been created yet! This is the exciting part!!! I have a date tonight and one of the activities we will be doing is cooking dinner together.. FUN :) And this is the amazing choice that we will make!! WISH ME LUCK... The recipe looks divine, happy, splendid AND heavenly :)
Here is the Recipe:


I will keep you posted on the results of the dinner :) Maybe even the date!
Thanks for reading! I hope you are inspired just like I am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment